Yesterday I worked on my Dresden Plate quilt. In my post of March 13, 2011, I talked about the block that I made. I have had my Dresden ruler for quite a few years and had never made anything with it....not even one wedge. While visiting Anne Marie's blog awhile before that, she posted that she had bought the ruler and showed the fabrics she was going to use. I left a comment on her blog and told her about my template and that it was still in the package, and she challenged me to make something with my template.
First I worked on this:
And then I decided to add some red to make this:
Then I decided to cut into my Fresh Flowers fabrics by Deb Strain for Moda, and I made this block and then and put them all away.
A couple of days ago Anne Marie sent me an email with photos of her finished quilt top. It is just beautiful. Go and take a look at it here. I got busy and started to work on finishing my quilt top. Here is what I have done so far:
I don't have enough of any of the fabrics shown to do the inner or outer borders so I'll have to be creative or buy more fabric. Full disclosure: Except for the center block, the fan blades are basted in there and are not applique'd to the background. I will hand applique' because it looks better than my machine applique'.
Thank you Anne Marie for motivating me to do something with this template. I have always loved Dresden plate quilts, I had no idea how easy these blocks were to make until you challenged me.
I hope you are finding some time to stitch today!
Go over to www.patchworktimes.com to check out what everyone else has on their design walls this week.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today for a visit.