I've completed my Benjamin Biggs Block 2.
Then there is block number 1. I was trimming my blocks to take blog photos. If you take a look at the bottom right corner of block 1 below, that isn't a thread. I trimmed it 2 inches short. If you follow the imaginary line up the side of the block, it is going to be too close to use in my quilt. I could just log cabin more fabric on all 4 sides just like Jane Stickle did in the original Dear Jane quilt, but I couldn't leave well enough alone. I tried using my seam ripper to selvage that red fabric I wanted to use. That was working out fine when I noticed that the red had faded onto the background fabric when I sprayed it with water to remove my placement lines. So I've started again. After stitching on it last night, I think that fabric is too thin and it is fraying like crazy, so I am going to prep another block and start over again. I've reduced my blocks to 75%. I also did block number 1 in the full size.
Yesterday was a crazy weather day. The sun was out until early afternoon. Then we had sleet and freezing rain and a little snow. Today it is in the 40s and things are starting to melt.
Hope you are finding some time to stitch today!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit!