Saturday, August 1, 2026

Back to Stonefields - Blocks 5 and 6

 Hello Everyone  

I hope you're doing well today.  It looks like we're about to have another thunderstorm.   We don't usually lose power, but just in case I'll get this typed and ready to post.  


Here is Stonefield's blocks 5 and 6 called Orange Peel.  You probably could have guessed that.   




 My pattern has pretty decent line drawings, so I'm able to put the pattern and my background piece on the light box and draw the applique lines.  Then I draw the orange peel shape onto freezer paper, iron it and trace around it with either a Frixion pen or a chalk pencil depending on which one shows up better.  Now I don't always trace 8 orange peels onto freezer paper and then trace around them.  Sometimes, I just draw a couple and hold them on my fabric with my thumb and trace around them.  (I know a lot of you are cringing....but, it works for me.)



Here are a few of the hexagons for the outside border.  They are 3/4" hexies.  I know some people that are making this quilt may not be doing all of the flying geese and hexagon borders, but I think that just adds so much to the quilt.   So I'll keep going.  This is a REALLY long term project.  I'll try and not get too sidetracked.  BUT, these blocks are a bit tedious so after awhile it's nice to work on something else.





So, here's the kinds of things that I do.  I was just looking for something when I came across this zipper bag with a container and another zipper bag inside it.  I guess for me, it's kind of out of signt-out of mind.  I found these 1" hexagons.  They are all sewn like I typically sew my hexagons.   I sew all 6 hexagons together leaving an opening to sew the center in.  



This is what was in the container inside the zipper bag.  These are 1" hexagons that I've collected to be sewn in the center of the ones that were there in that zipper bag.  The only thing I can say for myself is that 1" hexagons really aren't my favorite.  I really like the look and feel of 3/4" hexagons so that's mostly what I sew.  Maybe here is where I should say that sometimes I am forgetful.  


I have another container of 1" hexagons that are in bright fabrics.  It's probably time that I put these together into some kind of quilt.   I'm open to suggestions.  

I hope you are finding some time to stitch today.  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and try my best to reply. If you do not have a blog, please leave your email address so I can respond to you. I truly do appreciate each and every visit.

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...