Friday, August 21, 2026

Christmas Is Coming

 

The question of the day is:

Who doesn't need another Christmas quilt? 

That's what I thought when I saw these blocks on Joy's blog:   Days Filled With Joy


I've finished blocks 1 and 2.

Joy is generously offering these blocks as a free block of the month called Floral Baubles.  (Thank you Joy!)     Joy leaves them up on her blog free for a month. 


Joy is doing her star points scrappy, but I decided to alternate mine with red on the first month.



And, I did green for the second month.  

The blocks come out on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.  There will be 9 blocks in all, and they will finish at 12 inches.  They are quick, easy embroidery.  I don't usually do anything fancy when I embroider.  I usually just do chain stitch, stem stitch or outline stitch.   My backstitch never looks even so I avoid that one!

I've downloaded block number 3 and have started to chain stitch around the outside edge.  

These are the fabrics I've pulled so far to do my star points and background.  




This block of the month won't finish until February, but that leaves plenty of time to get the blocks sashed (or not), sewn together and quilted so it's ready to go for the next Christmas.  

Melisa of PinkerNPunkin blog shared her blocks on her post here

 These blocks are really a lot of fun to embroider, so I hope you check them out at Joy's blog.  Until next time.......


Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

I hope you're finding some time to stitch today.  

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are lovely. It will fun to follow your progress on this cute project . ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and try my best to reply. If you do not have a blog, please leave your email address so I can respond to you. I truly do appreciate each and every visit.

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...