We had a weekend getaway to Ohio at Hueston Woods Lodge in the state park there. The room had a lake view, and the Lodge has a restaurant in house so it's just a nice place to walk around and relax. And......
The Real Story: We went for the hot water. Yep. Last Thursday I did a lot of laundry, and I noticed that the washer sounded like there was air in the pipes. Then later on in the day I noticed that the same noise was coming from the sink. Friday morning we showered and my husband drained the hot water heater tank thinking that if he drained it and turned the circuit breaker off and back on that would take care of the problem. Well no. The circuit breaker wouldn't turn back on so there we were with no hot water. We called a plumber, and he came out on Friday. He couldn't fix the old water heater......and he couldn't come back until Tuesday morning with a new one. That's a long time without hot water from Friday to Tuesday. Besides not being able to shower, your brain automatically makes your hand go to the hot water faucet whenever you wash your hands or do anything at the sink. And then nothing comes out. My son said we were welcome to go to his house to shower, but after thinking about it we'd have to take clean clothes, towels, shampoo and conditioner. So I had the idea to go to a hotel for a couple of days. We checked a few places, and decided to go over to Ohio to Hueston Lodge. We stayed until Monday afternoon. The plumber was here at 8 this morning, and after 3 1/2 hours, he had the new water heater installed. When he left he said we'd have hot water in about an hour. No. My husband went downstairs to check the temperature on the new water heater, and one of the pipes was leaking. The plumber just left (after his second visit today), and again said we'd have hot water in about an hour. We'll see.
Here are a couple more photos I took of Hueston Woods. This was taken with the panorama setting on my phone. It looks like everything is squished.
This is the lobby where you check in. For some reason I didn't take a picture of where the rooms are. They are off to the right of the photo. This is where I've gone in January 2024 and 2025 for the Keepsakes Stitch Away retreat. It's especially nice in the winter because sleeping, stitching and the restaurant are all right there so we don't need to go outside in the winter weather until we're ready to head home.
The lobby is actually on the second floor. Here is the big spiral staircase leading from the first floor up to the lobby.
Of course I took along a hexagon project. This is the layout for the Avignon quilt I'm working on. The pattern is in the Feathering the Nest 4 book by Brigette Giblin. This quilt will be totally scrappy using some new fabrics I've purchased and some of my old repro fabrics that I love. That cheddar one down toward the bottom of that photo might not make the cut. It kind of stands out too much from the rest. I'll see when I add these to the others I have stitched. These are 5/8" hexagons.
That's it for now. I've got more stitching to show but I'll save it for next time. If you're still reading, thanks for listening to my tale of woe about having no hot water.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
I hope you're finding some time to stitch today!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and try my best to reply. If you do not have a blog, please leave your email address so I can respond to you. I truly do appreciate each and every visit.