Monday, September 28, 2026

Some Cross Stitch Finishes and the Future

I have a basket of shame full of cross stitched pieces that aren't finished into either a frame, on a backer, or into a pillow.  There are a lot of cross stitchers that just stitch and then put their finished stitches in a basket or a drawer.  Mine are in a basket so I call it my basket of shame.  



Here is one that I finished stitching quite awhile ago.  


These are Robin Pickens Seasonal Couriers.  The one above is summer.  


In this photo there are spring, fall, winter and the bottom right stitch is Patriotic Typeface from Fat Quarter Shop.  Honestly, I finished stitching all of these awhile ago.



All 5 of these fit on the wooden backer from Chantelle's 141 Design Company.  The backer comes unfinished.  I painted it and wiped it down with a pecan stain.  I've put magnets on the back side of the backer and on the back side of the stitches so I can switch them out for the seasons.  




I glue the fabric to the foam board I order from Amazon.  Then I thread lace my stitching to more foam board.  I find that if I lace my stitching, it's easier to center it and get things even.  And if something happens to the fabric backer,.....well, there's always more fabric!





Here are 4 Patriotic stitches that I made into pillows.  So far I haven't even made a dent in my basket of shame.  I'll keep working on it.  


Do you have this guy where you live?  This guy is called Tally, and he goes through the grocery store taking inventory.  I don't see him every time I'm there, but he's in the aisles pretty often.  And he's stubborn.  I can walk right up to him and stand in front of him, and he keeps nudging forward.  I like technology, but I can't get used to this guy.  


That's all for now.  


I hope you're finding some time to stitch today.  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the seasonal couriers and the way you display them. Great idea to use magnets. It might not have made a dent in the baskets but it's still 9 less projects in there. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and try my best to reply. If you do not have a blog, please leave your email address so I can respond to you. I truly do appreciate each and every visit.

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...