Here is a photo of the string quilt top that I put together from some of the blocks I showed you in my previous post. What did I learn from this project? Well, I love doing the string blocks, and they are like potato chips - you can't make just one. I have some left so I'll be making another top in the future. But notice in the photo that there are two different sizes of string blocks. I had planned to put the smaller blocks in the center and set them 4 squares by 4 squares. Then I was going to put 5 of the larger blocks around the outside. What I didn't take into account was that when you have an odd number of blocks and have that strong diagonal stripe down the center of each block having an odd number causes one of the corner diagonals to go up ....but not down. So I trimmed a few things and added a few things along with inner borders and got it all put together. I'll also post this over on the It's A String Thing Challenge blog.
While I was working on the string quilt, I stopped and cut a few strips from some scraps of greens and pinks. I now have a nice sized container of 2 1/2" strips that are somewhat coordinated and this pile of four patch blocks. I really didn't start a new project....honest. I was just taking a break from the string quilt.
I hope you are finding some time to stitch today.